Friday, December 9, 2011

TGIF!

Thank goodness it's Friday!  It felt like the longest week...  Funny thing time is, though each day has a set amount of it, some days seem to drag on for eons, and others fly by in a blink.  I wish I could choose what I'd like to happen each day!

But I can't.

Sunset.  November 25, 2011
Those days when I'm exhausted and don't feel like I can take one more step, repeat one more direction, answer one more question... those days could end early.  Those days when everything is falling into place, the stars are aligned, the kids are focused and on task, and the sun is shining?  Those days could last forever.  The days where all I want to do is cry and can hardly drag myself out of bed?  I'd love to fast forward through those days.

What do you see?  A stop sign or a sunset?
I might not be able to change time.  Or change my schedule.  Or choose to stay in bed on the bad days.

But I can do something.

I can choose how to respond to each day.  I can choose to wake up on those bad days and remind myself that this bad day will pass.  I can remind myself that it is in surviving the bad days that make the good days all the more sweet.  The grumpy moments help me appreciate the smiles even more.

Cause attitude may be just a little thing, but like Winston Churchill said, it really can make a big difference.

"If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it." -- Mary Engelbreit

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?