Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 18: Affirmations


Affirmations.  Yuck.  I find them so silly.  I mean, I feel ridiculous talking to myself, telling myself things I don't believe.  It sounds way to hokey for me.

On the other hand, I don't seem to find it silly when I talk to myself other times, like when I get mad at myself for making a mistake.  Or when I beat myself up mentally because of some silly thing.

I can talk to myself when I am beating the crap out of me, but I can't talk to myself positively?  Great.  How bass-akward is that?!

(A little game for you... I do believe one of the above affirmations to be true, 
at least for me, but I believe the other one to be false, at least for me.  Can you figure out which is which?


2 comments:

  1. i thought affirmations were really dumb when I first started recovery... but now i find them to be very helpful. The thing i have learned is to find ones that speak to me and those are the ones that can help the most.

    i think the one on the left is the one you believe to be true ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a good point - the ones that I do believe, I don't find silly. Guess I gotta go look for a few more of those! After all, I love learning new things! ;-)

      Delete

So? What do you think?