Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Our One Year Blog-a-versary!

Exactly year ago today I decided to jump into the blog-o-sphere.

This blog wouldn't have happened without the encouragement of a few special people.  I was stumped as to what to name my blog, since I wanted it to be kept anonymous, I couldn't use anything too obvious as a name.  It was then that a friend suggested playing around with my favorite color as the name.  Hence, My Purple Dreams was born.

Without the encouragement of another friend, I'd never have started the blog in the first place.  She invited me to join a small group of people working on ed recovery on Facebook.  The project started eight weeks prior to me joining, so I was a bit behind, but I didn't mind, and neither did she.  Thank you T & T, for your encouragement and support with this blog project!

In the past year, sooooo much has changed.  Some for the better, some changes are still in need of being made.  Along the way there were periods where posts were plentiful, other times, posts were sparse, but all the while, My Purple Dreams grew.  It is still growing, just as I am.  This blog has become such a powerful tool for me in every area of my life.  There is something very empowering about sharing my life with others - the ups and the downs - and being accepted and supported by my readers.

We're all traveling on our journeys, and I'm honored that you've chosen to be a part of mine for this past year, and hope that we'll continue to travel together for many more years to come!

4 comments:

  1. I am so pleased you started to blog, so pleased I 'stumbled,' across you, so pleased that I can read your words and share your experience. So proud of the strong, inspirational person that you are. So wish I could comment on every post but sometimes Im lost for words.....xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always bring a smile to my face Jackie :) I'm glad that you stumbled upon this blog, too, as I enjoy reading yours quite a bit myself! So glad we have met! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Sorry I have been MIA, the work schedule has been insane and now I am off on vacation, but had to wish you a Happy 1st Blog-o-versary!! :) I should comment much more often then I do, but know I always read and very much enjoy and appreciate what you write, thank you for being so open and honest about your journey. I hope there are many more blog birthdays to come. ~ AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm just glad to know you're alive and kicking AG! I've been thinking about you and wondering where you were. I'm honored that you read and enjoy my blog - comments are never necessary :) Hope you have a fantastically refreshing vacation! xoxo

      Delete

So? What do you think?