Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Wordless.

Twice during 2012 I participated in blog challenges that involved posting daily for a full month.  (You can see them HERE and HERE.)  Daunting as it may sound, I actually found those challenges very motivating.  Not that I'd want to do it every month, but sometimes it seems to be helpful.... especially right now.

Cause I am finding myself at a loss for words lately.  Incapable of completing a thought, much less speaking a complete sentence.  That's what depression does sometimes, at least to me.  It robs me of my ability to express thoughts and words in a coherent manner.  And yes, this is making teaching rather interesting! Thank goodness for the nine-year-old's sense of humor!  I am confident they have been quite amused as of late.

What I'm finding interesting about this particular "loss-of-words" experience is that for the first time, it's not just my sentences that are incomplete.  This time, my thoughts are so erratic that they are often incomplete, too.  It's almost comical, one minute I'll be thinking about what I'm teaching after lunch, the next minute my grocery list gets mixed in, but only for a moment before I'm thinking about the book I'm reading.  It's exhausting!

The good news is that I know my ADHD brain is used to multiple thoughts moving through the grey matter at once.  Even better news is that like all rough times, this too shall pass. I just wish it would pass at a slightly faster pace!

2 comments:

  1. You just described what the last 2 weeks have been like for me. I am thankful that my episodes don't tend to last too long. It can be so exhausting. Hang in there my friend. It really will pass, even if it does so while dragging it's feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad your episodes don't last that long. I'm in month three, and finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's really rather horrid, if I may say so! I really like the visual of depression dragging it's feet. Made me smile :)

      Delete

So? What do you think?