Monday, February 25, 2013

30 Day Recovery Challenge: Day 2

2. What part of your eating disorder is hardest for you to overcome or let go of right now?

This is a very good question... Cause at the moment, I am still really struggling with the idea of eating till full, stopping when full, and recognizing hunger and fullness themselves. Which I suck at. I am supposed to be slowly letting go of having to count and track all my calories in all that I eat.  I am scared to let that part go, partly because I need to have that target number to reach for each day, and partly because I'm terrified of going over that number cause while I know my weight hasn't shifted in nearly six months, I am afraid that if I eat over the total, I will immediately start to gain weight which terrifies me.

So, in a nutshell, I'm having a hard time letting go of the counting and tracking.  The fear in letting go of that element of control is that I'm afraid of gaining weight above where I am, since this is finally a healthy weight for my body, and where I want it to stay.

I do like the idea of letting go of counting as it would free up such brain space.... But I'm afraid of what could fill that space as the counting vacates....

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?