Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Act 16


Since I'm wrapping up my 26 Acts during National Eating Disorder Awareness Week, it seemed quite fitting to connect the two.

These notes were dropped off in two different stores on the same day, giving Act 16 a pretty wide reach.  See, I had my eating disorder for nearly half my life before anyone realized what was happening.  My hope is that maybe these notes will save someone else the length of suffering that I endured.... and bring recovery a little bit closer, if only in the knowledge department.

Smiley Grace McDonnell lived a life free of worrying about weight.  Instead, seven year old Grace focused on art and painting.  She loved art, and wanted to one day live on the beach and be a painter.  Grace was a kind soul with a great and gentle spirit, and will be missed by many.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is awesome what you are doing and really ballsy. Imagine how many lives you have touched by doing this! Perhaps you made a difference.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! It was rather heart-pounding at times, but I hope that it helped someone.... it never hurts to try!

      Delete

So? What do you think?