Saturday, March 9, 2013

30 Day Recovery Challenge: Day 14

14.  Describe at least ten things you like about yourself. If you don’t believe those positive things, try to think of praises and compliments other people have given you, and write those down and then make an effort to believe in those compliments.

Ugh.  I have been dreading this prompt.  You may know how much I detest loathe despise  I feel about compliments from these previous posts.  And that makes this prompt feel utterly impossible.

But, to maintain the honesty and integrity of this blog that I am so proud of, I'm going to bite.

1.  I am good with technology.
2.  I have a way with children.
3.  I am a good listener.
4.  I am helpful.
5.  I am empathetic. (though right now, I'd love to drop the prefix and spell something else......)
6.  I have a way with words.
7.  I am creative.
8.
9.
10.

My team tries to compliment me.... guess I should probably write their thoughts down for moments like this when I am lacking words.....


4 comments:

  1. I'm a reader of your blog and it gives me hope. So though I don't know you, I feel confident I can add to your list. These are things I see in your posts and even in the very existence of this blog.

    you inspire others.
    you look for beauty (and not the physical kind)
    you are strong.
    you are brave.
    you are honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know how much your comment means to me. I hope, that eventually, I can see what you see. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your comments - saved for a rainy day reminder :)

      Delete
  2. From reading your posts I'd say you are strong, and a fighter also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words Danielle. One day, I hope to see the good in me, too. For now? I'll take everyone's word for it :)

      Delete

So? What do you think?