Monday, March 11, 2013

30 Day Recovery Challenge: Day 16

16. What experience(s) has been most helpful your recovery (for example, meeting a supportive friend, deciding to go to therapy, etc)?

The most helpful experience of my recovery has been having the most amazing treatment team.  Seriously, I would not be here without their support.  With my therapist coordinating pretty much everything - she sent me to my psychiatrist and dietitian, I have gotten the best possible care as I trudge through this hell.

I've also found it helpful having my two best friends knowing about the situation.  They are both amazing people, and they each help in their own ways - one of them is great for distracting me from my head, the other is great for a quick pick-me-up get together of sorts.

Finally, this blog has been a pretty powerful tool in my recovery.  Through this blog I've met so many others who are walking along a similar road.  I've found comfort in reading others' words, and found confidence in comments left on this blog.  What began as a recovery project has morphed into an instrumental recovery tool - a place where I can share my experience, my voice, my challenges, and my successes - has become a special community that feeds my soul in a unique way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?