Friday, March 22, 2013

30 Day Recovery Challenge: Day 29

29. How have you and your life changed from when you were in the worse periods of your eating disorder versus now, in recovery?

Good question.

Usually, if I find an image like this, I prefer to jazz it up, clean it up, make it more to my liking.  But this one?  This one wants to stay as it is.  Cause things have changed so much in the last year, I wanted to leave this quote as is, so there is one thing that didn't change.

I know that I have become more patient as I've climbed out of this last plummet.  There is something about where I am right now, and how different it feels, more like I'm able to watch my life move instead of feel dragged by it.

The worst periods of my eating disorder saw me lethargic, barely able to make it through the day, constantly in need of sleep.  Yes, right now I'm in a bit of a sleepy stage, but it has nothing to do with my eating disorder this time (and everything to do with the nightmares that now happen since my emotional safe has been cracked!  But that's another post for another day!)  While I am still rather tired, I don't feel as lethargic as I did then.  I literally would have to nap every day after work, just so I had enough energy to get through the evening, only to go to bed two hours after waking from my nap!

I still have a long way to go, but things are definitely looking like they are gonna be better than I expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?