Monday, February 16, 2015

Unchangeables?

We can change our hair color thanks to hair dyes.
We can change our eye color thanks to contacts.
We can change our clothing style thanks to shopping.
Three big changes people do on a regular basis.
They're great, but at the same time, they're all surface changes.

We can't change our shoe size.
We can't change our height.
We can't change the size of our schnoz.
They'd all be surgical changes that would be rather painful, I think.
I don't know how many people would wish for these changes.

So why do people, myself included, spend so much time thinking about how to make the number on the scale get smaller?  I'm not worried about changing my shoe size, so why does this number matter so much?

I can see that if you're dangerously overweight or unhealthy, but, technically, I'm not either.

So why does it seem that a (sizable) part of my brain still wishes to change the size of my body?  It would be a heck of a lot simpler to change the color of my hair (purple, please!) or my style (hello, Nordstrom!) or get a new pair of glasses (thank you, SEE!) than to continue to torture myself with numbers that really mean very little in the grand scheme of things.

Health.  That's the goal.
Good health.

Who cares what the stupid box of springs says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?