Saturday, April 11, 2015

Luck

Luck.

I'm the kind of person who prefers to attribute all my successes to luck.  That takes the pressure off of me to actually accept being "good enough" for something good to happen to me.  One of these days I'll have to start owning up to the "good" the way I accept responsibility for the "not so good" in my world.

Luck.

I'm getting a do-over.  My therapist and I have talked about this possibility many times before, and the fact that it is actually happening is so surreal.  I know that getting this do over..... I've gotten quite lucky.  A chance like this doesn't come around all that often, if ever.  That's part of the appeal of this offer, the chance to take my professional experiences and start over in a new environment, where I will get to build the professional image that will be helpful, and feel good.   Not the one I currently live in, the one I created where colleagues don't need to respect me.

Make Your Own Luck
Luck.

I'm going to step up.   I'm going to show up.  I'm going to take this new opportunity and thank my lucky stars it appeared in my world.   And I'm going to attribute it all to

Luck.

This chance may be one of sheer luck.  But one day...  One day?   I will start making my own

Luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?